treacherous love


There was once just me,
Lonely yet not alone....
Just dreams of the open sea,
Of green plains where the sun shone....

These dreams were all that were,
Left, another life's legacy ....
In dark depths, as silent demons stir,
Of which I had never been free ....

Lights of the future beckoned ,
Drawing me ever so close ....
What fault,in a lost life, I reckoned,
As the treacherous path I chose ....

Stopped one day at a clearing,
An angel lay in troubled rest....
With an elf-kid your sleep disturbing,
But too loving you were to contest...

Your face like a melting moonstone,
Skin like the morning dew...
Tranquility from your eyes shone,
I knew then it had always been you ...

Shoo away the kid I said,
Come be mine for now, for ever...
Shoo away the kid I said,
My only test for you ever ....

Scared you are I know,
Scared of the morning after...
But what happens tomorrow,
We'll deal with later ..

Just shoo away the kid,
Show me you love me....
I'll show you what angels did,
When they once knew ecstasy ....

That's all I need

Comments

Anonymous said…
What only is this??!!??!
:(

Popular Posts